We do all the work for you - design, set-up, implementation, analysis, interpretation.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- CLIMATE AND CULTURE
the management academy
ilm accredited open and
Why the need?
People managers are increasingly being expected to perform in their vital, yet challenging role. The main challenge is the fact that 55% of employees look to their manager for inspiration. However, only 11% believed they were inspired (CBi 2006) and 46% of people leave their manager not their job (CIPD 2005).
This research was conducted again in 2011 by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) where the findings revealed that 80% of people leave their manager not the organisation.
For the majority of cases the manager is not to blame. There is an epidemic that has been slowly creeping across UK organisations for the past decade where people are promoted to the status of managing other people for one or more of the following reasons:
- They are great at their technical job (sales, finance, admin)
- They have been there the longest and it’s their turn
- If they don’t get the promotion they will leave and go somewhere else
- There’s a gap and it seems like they could do a good job (or they volunteered)
- It appears to be the only way to develop on to a higher pay grade and status
Why is the Management Academy different?
- Each workshop is spaced out - giving participants the opportunity to implement and test the practical learning they receive at each session in the workplace
- Practical, job-relevant homework is given to all attending
- Free, unlimited one to one telephone coaching sessions are provided as and when required between sessions AND after the programme has finished
- Participants share and review their real life, on the job experiences with peers at the next session
- This spacing of the workshops means that attendees are not absent from their organisations for successive days - minimising the impact of their absence on their organisations
- AND no PowerPoint!
- The satisfaction or money back guarantee adds testament to the successful track record of this programme.
Standard Management Academy programmes consist of 8 core modules. Experience and evidence suggests these are the essential elements needed to be a successful manager:
- You as the Manager
- Time and Life Management
- Effective Communication
- Lead to Succeed
- Recruitment and Retention
- Delegate to Accumulate
- Performance Management
For in-house programmes, the modules can be as bespoked as required.
At the end of this programme participants will be able to gain Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Certification should they wish to undertake the required assessment (assessment is subject to an additional cost).
The open programme
The cost of the full open programme is £995 plus VAT per participant, which includes 4 one day workshops (covering 8 modules) and free unlimited phone coaching between the workshop sessions and after the programme has finished..
The open programme is mapped to NVQ level 3/4 in management and begins with a full day workshop (covering the first 2 modules) - at this workshop, the dates for the remaining 3 workshops (covering the remaining 6 modules) will be agreed by the cohort of attendees with the trainer.
Our next open programme begins on 28th February 2013 at New Penderel House, High Holborn, London.
Management Academy programmes can be delivered in-house, tailored to your organisation's specifications.
The Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy is a bespoke development programme designed and delivered as an in-house solution assisting current and future leaders in their performance.
It can be designed with just one session or a number of sessions and subject areas. Typical subject areas designed and delivered include:
- The Leadership Choice
What it means to be in a leadership position and the 4 fundamental roles of Leadership
- Situational Leadership
Different strokes for different folks and different situations
- Advanced Communication
Joining people in their world so they clearly understand your message
- Emotional Intelligence
Understanding people so you can lead them with maximum certainty
- Vision, Mission, Values, Culture
The strategic imperative every leader needs to know
- Leading the Team
Understanding team dynamics and getting the best from each individual as a team
Utilising another dimension in developing people to be part of the solution
Combine with IBP's Leadership Employee Index
Measure the business impact of your managers and leaders before and after management development. Our Leadership Employee Index (LEI) analytical tool allows the impact of leaders' and managers' behaviours to be assessed and quantifiably measured.
Find out more...
Tel: 0800 612 3098. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org