Call 0800 612 3098
To receive all our updates in one monthly email - upcoming events and workshops, Investors in People South and IBP news.
the management academy
ilm accredited open and
Our next open programme begins:
28th February 2013 (High Holborn, London)
People managers are increasingly being expected to perform in their vital, yet challenging role. The main challenge is the fact that 55% of employees look to their manager for inspiration. However, only 11% believed they were inspired (CBi 2006) and 46% of people leave their manager not their job (CIPD 2005).
This research was conducted again in 2011 by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) where the findings revealed that 80% of people leave their manager not the organisation.
For the majority of cases the manager is not to blame. There is an epidemic that has been slowly creeping across UK organisations for the past decade where people are promoted to the status of managing other people for one or more of the following reasons:
- They are great at their technical job (sales, finance, admin)
- They have been there the longest and it’s their turn
- If they don’t get the promotion they will leave and go somewhere else
- There’s a gap and it seems like they could do a good job (or they volunteered)
- It appears to be the only way to develop on to a higher pay grade and status
Why is the Management Academy different?:
- Each workshop is spaced out - giving managers the opportunity to implement the practical learning and to review their on the job experiences with peers at the next session
- This spacing out of the workshops also means managers are not away from their organisations for a number of successive days - minimising the impact of their absence on their employers
- Practical, job-relevant homework is given to participants
- Free unlimited one to one telephone coaching sessions are provided as and when required between sessions AND after the programme has finished
- AND no Power Point!
- The satisfaction or money back guarantee adds testament to the successful track record of this approach.
Management Academy programmes consist of the following 8 modules. Experience and evidence suggests these are the essential elements needed to be a successful manager:
- You as the Manager
- Time and Life Management
- Effective Communication
- Lead to Succeed
- Recruitment and Retention
- Delegate to Accumulate
- Performance Management
At the end of this programme participants will be able to gain Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Certification should they wish to undertake the required assessment (assessment is subject to an additional cost).
Open Programme booking information:
The cost of the full open programme is £995 plus VAT per participant, which includes 4 one day workshops and free unlimited phone coaching between the workshop sessions and after the programme has finished..
The open programrme begins with a full day workshop (covering the first 2 modules) - when at this workshop the following 3 workshop dates (covering the remaining 6 modules) will be agreed with your trainer.
Management Academy programmes can also be delivered in-house
...tailored to your organisation's specifications.
Combining the Management Academy with IBP's Leadership Employee Index (LEI)
Measure the business impact of your managers and leaders before and after management development. Our Leadership Employee Index (LEI) analytical tool allows the impact of leaders' and managers' behaviours to be assessed and quantifiably measured.
For further information and to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 612 3098.